Red, White & YOU!
Time & Location
- July 4, 2023
- 9 am to Noon
- The Link Plaza
- 6750 Baker Boulevard, Richland Hills, TX 76118
Start your morning with a bang! Enjoy the traditional favorites such as the patriotic parade starting at 9 am followed by free activities and crafts at Uncle Sam's Backyard and Lil' Firecracker Creations.
Children can fish at our Cops and Bobbers 2,500 gallon catfish tank.
Bring your blanket or lawn chairs and enjoy your favorite tunes performed by Party Machine. It's sure to be fun for the whole family!
- Parade Information
- EVENT PARKING & TRAFFIC INFORMATION
- Military Donations
- Volunteer Information
- Partnership & Community Spirit Sparkler Opportunities
- Northeast Tarrant Family Fourth Fireworks
All activities and entertainment are free. Bring your family and friends and enjoy!
- Mayor Ed Lopez will open the Patriotic Ceremony at approximately 10 am at the main stage following the parade. Ceremony will include the presentation of colors, the national anthem and recognition of VIPs and the Patriotic Parade Grand Prize Winner.
- Live band entertainment provided by Party Machine. This high energy band will keep everyone on their feet. Covering tunes from the '50s through today's hits, they will even have Uncle Sam doing the conga!
- Uncle Sam's Backyard has a variety of activities for children ages 12 and under including a bounce house, toddler obstacle and more.
- Lit'l Firecracker creations host a variety of on-site craft activities for children ages 12 and under. Once complete, you can take their festive masterpieces home to enjoy.
- Cops and Bobbers provides on-site fishing for children ages 12 and under in our 2,500 gallon catfish tank and a chance to meet some of the Richland Hills Police Officers. It's catch and release, but everyone gets the chance to experience the thrill of catching a big one! Be sure to register for a fishing time slot when you arrive and then come back at your designated time so you don't have to wait in line. You can also visit our fishing holes to test your casting and knot tying skills as well as learn more about fish identification and habitat.
We need YOU to be a part of our Parade this year! Individuals, family and friend groups, businesses and organizations are welcome. Decorate a wagon, bicycle, vehicle, horse or float, or bring your walking or performance unit. It's a great way to promote your business or organization or just have some great hometown family fun! Register for free parade entry (PDF) by completing this form and returning to The Link or by emailing to Dona Roth Kinney. You may also register online with a Link Account or with this online form.
- Parade Line-Up begins at 8 am. Please check-in with staff at the intersection of Rufe Snow Dr/Rena Dr.
- Parade judging begins at 8:30 am
- Parade Route will be as follows:
- Start at Baker Blvd (south side) and Rufe Snow Dr.
- East on Baker Blvd (south side) to Latham Dr.
- South on Scruggs Park Dr.
- West on Park Pl Dr and ending at Rufe Snow Dr.
- New Parade Pop-Ups including free yard games, ice pops, watermelon, water, beachballs, hand fans and more while supplies last! Parade Pop-Ups and recommended viewing locations are as follows:
- The Link, 6750 Baker Boulevard
- Richland Hills Baptist Church, 6852 Baker Boulevard
- Alliene Mullendore Elementary (temporary site), 3250 Scruggs Park Dr.
- Windmill Park, 6936 Park Pl. Dr. - pedestrians only, no vehicular parking available
- Grand Prize will be awarded to the best overall entry at the Patriotic Ceremony following the parade at 10 am in the Link Plaza Pavilion.
Limited onsite parking is available at The Link and City Hall. Overflow parking will be available at:
- Richland Hills Baptist Church, 6852 Baker Boulevard
- Centro Cristiano Betel, 6600 Baker Boulevard
- Alliene Mullendore Elementary (temporary site), 3250 Scruggs Park Dr, shuttle available
- 7:45 am to 10:15 am
- Rufe Snow Dr from Baker Blvd to Park Pl Dr
- 8:30 am to 10:15 am
- Kings Ct
- Kingsbury Ave from Baker Blvd to Park Pl Dr
- Mimosa Park Dr
- Latham Dr from Baker Blvd to Scruggs Park Dr
- Scruggs Park Dr from Baker Blvd to Park Pl Dr
- Park Pl Dr from Scruggs Park Dr to Rufe Snow Dr
- 8:30 am to 12:15 pm(approximately)
- Matthews Dr from Baker Blvd to Park Pl Dr will close when Link parking lot is full
- 8:45 am to 10:15 am
- Baker Blvd from Rufe Snow Dr to Ash Park Dr
Please use caution as you travel through these neighborhoods and watch for pedestrians and/or slow moving vehicles. Thank you for your patience as we reopen the roads after the parade ends.
This July Fourth, send a message of support or donation item to our active military. Download coloring pages (PDF) or visit The Link to pick up a copy. You may also create your own coloring page or letter of support and thanks, but please do not include any personal contact information such as address, email or phone number.
The letters and coloring pages do not need envelopes. They will be included in the Support Our Soldier (SOS) care boxes.
Current donation items needed include:
- Protein/Granola Bars
- Beef Jerky/Slim Jim
- Nuts or Dried Fruit/Raisins
You may drop your items at The Link or at Red, White and You by July 4. Individuals who bring letters or donation items to the event will receive a free patriotic heart squeeze ball for their support of our SOS letter and donation drive. Let's show them how much Richland Hills cares!
Celebrate July Fourth with us! We need volunteers to help make this event a success.
- Two different days and four shifts are available. Work only one or multiple!
- Volunteer as a group and wear your organization/business t-shirt to promote your organization. You can also volunteer as an individual or family to do your part in giving back.
- All volunteers must be 14 years of age or older with the exception of the clean team and flag placement volunteers. These volunteers may be younger than 14 if accompanied by an adult.
- View volunteer opportunities and register here.
The City of Richland Hills is able to provide a family friendly event through the support of our sponsors and community partners. As a result of these collaborative efforts, the community can enjoy free admission and complimentary entertainment, attractions, crafts and so much more. Whether a monetary contribution or an in-kind donation, your support will earn your business face-to-face marketing in front of area residents and enhance your promotional campaign.
Community Spirit Sparklers are free booths for non-profit organization or $25 for profitable groups. These booths are a great way to promote your organization while interacting with the public. Spirit Sparklers provide a patriotic treat, craft or interactive activity for 300 guests.
- Helium balloons
- Sponge ball toss
- Watermelon wedges
- Patriotic duck ponds
- Root beer floats
These are just a few ideas. You may choose from your own treats, craft or activity too! We ask that each Spirit Sparkler provide a different activity, so the sooner you return your application, the better chance you have of selecting your preferred activity. See Community Spirit Sparklers Application (PDF).
Monday, July 3, 2023, 5 to 10 pm.
- 5 to 9 pm Family Fun with Bounce Houses and Food Trucks
- 7:30 to 9 pm Texas All-Star Jazz Orchestra Concert
- 9:30 to 10 pm Fireworks & Drone Show
Prior to Red, White & YOU, join the Northeast Tarrant Chamber for an early celebration on Monday night featuring a fantastic display of fireworks. The entire Northeast Tarrant community is invited! For full event details, visit Northeast Tarrant Chamber of Commerce.
The fireworks can be viewed from the free parking lots available at Wiley G. Thomas Coliseum, 6108 Broadway Avenue in Haltom City and BISD Plaza, 6351 Boulevard 26 in North Richland Hills. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Vehicles will not be allowed to park along the street. Outdoor cooking or grilling devices, alcohol and personal fireworks are prohibited.
In the event of inclement weather, the fireworks show will be rescheduled to Wednesday, July 5.
This free patriotic event is made possible through the support of the cities of Richland Hills, Haltom City, North Richland Hills and Watauga. Special thanks to the event title sponsors: Five Star Ford, Medical City North Hills, Birdville ISD and Santander Consumer USA for their event contributions.
Fireworks Prohibited in Richland Hills
Please leave fireworks to the professionals. Possessing or setting off fireworks yourself is prohibited in Richland Hills per City ordinance. If you see someone shooting off fireworks illegally, contact our dispatch at 817-281-1000.